Water Damage Restoration – IICRC Certified Water Damage Repair
Water damage is not just an annoyance; it can be considerably dangerous. Standing water provides a reproduction ground for microorganisms and fungi, also black mold. If neglected, your wet area can seriously hamper your interior air quality and spread a number of different pollutants. Moreover, the harm to your personal property raises the longer you permit the water to continue.
We can help!
Vital Restoration is a licensed and certified water damage restoration service company. Our highly trained and experienced specialist will rapidly evaluate the situation and begin the emergency solutions best suited to the particular issue. Whether or not you have experienced a minor spill, blast pipe or devastating fire or flood, Vital Restoration will certainly return your house, office or company to its pre-loss condition quickly and efficiently.
Site Survey & Free Estimate
Given that all water damage restoration tasks will vary, the inspection of your home is a significant first step in obtaining your restorations underway. Vital Restoration will come in your house, office or company to complete site study utilizing the most precise industry tools available. We’ll offer you a totally free estimate to identify the extent of the damage, evaluate the necessary steps required for restoration, and calculate the amount and also time required. If you need professional water damage restoration service in the Bay Area, call us today at 650-262-4545.
Causes of Water Damage
Water is one of the strongest forces on the planet. It can wash away homes and office spaces in a single, powerful flood, or makes a home unlivable with tiny drops over several years. Because people depend on water for drinking, sanitation, and work, we’ve created an advanced infrastructure to move it in and out of our everyday life. However when that system breaks down, or when nature gives us more water than we can manage, damage from water can be devastating. Water damage may take many different designs and forms. The following are most typical causes of water damage.
Roofs are created to preserve houses and offices from elements such as heat, cold, and water. Even though modern roofing components and methods are extremely effective, roofs invariably wear down, allowing water leak in, generally just a few drops at a time. However that little bit may cause wood and drywall to warp, and can produce an ideal medium for dangerous bacteria and mold to develop.
Blocked Gutter or Downspout
Gutters or downspouts are created to direct runoff from the roof top to the ground. When they are clogged, water may back up and accumulate on the roof, seeping under roof shingles and soaking through wood and insulation. To avoid damage from water, you should verify your gutters often to remove possible obstructions.
Changes in the landscaping around your building can change the direction that water flows, directing it in the direction of your foundation. Water can harm your foundation by eroding the ground beneath it or by seeping into cracks and eroding away the foundation itself. Damage remediation on water-damaged foundations can be very costly and time-consuming.
This is the most common cause of water damage. Water-using appliances such as the toilet, sink, shower, tub, dishwasher, water heater, or washing machine can develop leaks, as can the in-wall water pipes that supply them. Small leaks can go undetected for years until they have caused considerable water damage.
Floods and mudslides may cause water to build up and spill over surfaces as well as other obstacles that are designed for moderate rainfall. Even though floodwaters have subsided, they can leave mud, dirt, and debris on your floors and surfaces. These conditions may cause dangerous bacteria, fungi, and mold to grow in your house or office, and can entice insects and other unwanted pests.
Water Damage Categories
Water damage categories refer to the range of contamination found in water:
- White Water (also known as Clean Water).White water problems does not create a substantial health matter. The most popular instances of white water damage are caused by overflowing sinks, leaking appliances, or blast pipes. This is also the easiest classification of water to perform a water damage restoration service.
- Grey Water.Grey water originates from a source that may cause illness when exposed to or consumed. This may be water from a toilet bowl, or other means which have been exposed to relatively mild chemicals or toxins. Grey water ought to be treated with caution, and must be handled rapidly and safely by a professional.
- Black Water.The 3rd and most serious kind of water source is black water. While not always black in color, black water is completely unsanitary. Usually water from any type of flooding, be it river/rain water or seawater, is labeled as black water and contains harmful bacteria.
It ought to be noted that the water will probably not be grey or black. It can be difficult to tell by looking at it whether or not water damage is the consequence of clean, grey, or black water. As a result you should contact a certified restoration repair contractor to evaluate the situation.
A water damage restoration service includes removing the standing water, evaporating the remaining moisture and repairing your house to its previous condition. Depending on the amount of damage, this can involve repairing or changing walls or floors, eliminating mold colonies and disposing of seriously damaged or infected articles.
Standard water removal equipment is not enough for severe water damage. Your household wet dry vacuum might not efficiently remove excess water, and that’s why we utilize the following water damage restoration equipment to recover your home back to pre-loss condition:
- Industrial extractors
- Wood floor drying systems
- Sub-floor drying systems
- Air movers
- Powerful disinfectants
Removal and Extraction
We start your water damage restoration service with the elimination of standing water (including mud, rain water and sewage) with the aid of an industrial extractor. Our highly trained and skilled technicians remove water in carpeting, hardwood floors, drywall, and ceilings.
Dehumidification is important, since the evaporation of main water damage causes secondary water damage. Using advanced equipment, we manage conditions to eliminate water vapor suspended in the air, by monitoring the temperature and relative humidity as water evaporates.
The following are a few of the many water damage restoration service techniques we use in our everyday work:
- Desiccant Dehumidification. Desiccant dehumidification is the process of filtering the air and eliminating moisture from impacted areas. We seal the room off and also pump all of the air through a dehumidifier, removing the moisture in the air and condensing it as water.
- Freeze Drying. This procedure is conducted in a confined chamber to protect books, binders, and printed components from water damage. Freeze drying is similar to desiccant dehumidification in that it filters air by means of a dehumidifier and condenses moisture into a liquid, but the freeze drying process is performed at a very low temperature so that you can increase the amount of water extraction from the books, binders and other printed materials..
- Water Mitigation. Whenever damage from water happens to structural parts of your home or even office, such as wooden frames, floorboards, or drywall, it may not only motivate the growth of hazardous mold and bacteria, but additionally weaken and even compromise the structure of your house or office. We utilize high-powered, efficient, and quick water removal dryers and blowers to blast moisture out of your walls, floors, and supports.
- Sewage Cleanup and Sanitizing. When drainage pipes blast or city lines back up into your home it can be a catastrophe. Damage from water can be the least of your issues when sewage has overflowed onto your floors. We can remove the sewage, and perform thorough damage remediation and sanitation processes. We have industrial-strength cleaning tools and chemical substances to scrub the sewage and bacteria out of your house or business.
First Steps in Water Damage (DIY)
Before our water damage restoration service, search the outside of your house to ensure there are no major structural concerns. If there is any damage, contact a building inspector before you decide to enter a hazardous home. Once inside, search for any potential gas leaks and affected electrical wire, and make sure all utilities are turned off.
Following, open windows and doors, or even use fans to ventilate the residence to reduced moisture. If some products for example carpets or furniture are extremely damaged, the best strategy may be to dispose of them. Household things such as buckets, pumps, and vacuums, are also great tools for water extraction. If those products do not obtain the results you’re thinking, consider hiring a professional.
Give Us a Call!
Was your house or company harmed by water? Water damage restoration is our specialty. We are able to return your house or business to its previous glory, without any signs of the damage left behind, and we do so by utilizing only the most state-of-the-art equipment, coupled with our unmatched knowledge and experience. Give us a call today at 650-262-4545.